Our Adoption Process
Additional Adoption Information
- Anyone interested in adopting a pet is encouraged to contact Pets In Need by phone or email. We can schedule an appointment for you to visit with our animals.
- If, after visiting us, you are interested in a pet, you can fill out our adoption application.
- Next, someone from Pets In Need will need to visit your home.
- If you are approved and pay the adoption fee, you can take your new pet home!
- New pets need to be taken to a veterinarian within two weeks.
- We do not allow college students to adopt our animals.
- We look for owners within a 50-mile radius of our location in Nazareth, PA.
- All cats need to leave Pets In Need in carriers.
- We ask that cats be kept indoors only.
- If you rent your apartment or home, Pets In Need would like to either speak with your landlord or see your lease, to verify that pets are allowed.
- All dogs need to leave Pets In Need with a collar and a leash.
- We prefer that dogs have a fenced yard.
- We prefer owners who own their apartment or home, rather than those who rent.